With mas mura deals and amazing prizes, Filipinos start preparing for the holidays and give local sellers a big boost in sales
Shopee recently concluded one of its biggest sales of the year, the 11.11 Mega Pamasko Sale, by giving users a rewarding shopping experience and providing a platform for success for businesses of all kinds. Local sellers experienced a 4 times uplift in sales versus a regular day, while shoppers enjoyed a total of ₱62 Million in savings on 11 November alone as they start their Christmas shopping.
Martin Yu, Director at Shopee Philippines shared, “Our aim is to give a sense of joy through Shopee – for shoppers to have the most rewarding shopping experience, and for businesses to find success on our platform. The goal is for more Filipinos to experience the convenience of e-commerce so sellers and brands can connect to them whether through mas mura deals, livestreams or our exciting new initiatives, such as Shop to Win Gold.”
Sales grew for local sellers and brand partners this 11.11 Mega Pamasko Sale
- The 11.11 Mega Pamasko Sale aimed to stimulate sales for local brands and businesses, and connect businesses to Shopee’s digital ecosystem on the platform. One local seller saw a 7 times uplift in sales during 11.11. Local shops that proved to be the favourites among users were Luckiss, Mumu and Willet.
- Shopee Mall also saw an uptick in sales across the board as shoppers were enticed by exclusive deals. This is especially so for the essentials and personal care products category, with Uni-Care, Unilever Beauty and Cblue PHregistering the top spikes in items sold on 11.11.
Holiday trends among shoppers in the Philippines focus on getting Mas Mura Deals
- Along with the overall big savings, one Filipino user was also the most wais when it came to their early Christmas shopping, recordingover ₱45,000 worth of savings in a single checkout.
- Home & Living, Health & Personal goods and Women’s Apparelwere the leading categories as Filipinos improved their homes, replenished essentials and treated themselves to fashionable clothes.
- Women’s shoes, dresses and face maskswere the most-searched keywords, showing that users were already planning ahead for their holiday get-togethers.
Big prizes, entertainment and convenient cashless payments drove even more users to the Shopee app
- There were over 7 million entries for Shop to Win Goldas users got excited to get a chance to bring home gold bars, or claim a year’s supply of groceries or electricity.
- Users were also treated to thousands of hours of livestreams with over 115 million viewers watching all over the country during the campaign to interact with and claim deals from their favorite local sellers and brands.
- More Filipinos made the most of the convenience and perks of ShopeePay, with the platform seeing a 2.5 times uplift in shoppers who paid using ShopeePay for the first time and over 3 times more orders paid via ShopeePay compared to a regular day.